Monday, December 10, 2012

Drawing #34 - Texas Rocks

You could take the title in different ways, but I refrained from writing ZZ Top in the drawing and stayed with the literal version because this was designed for a geologist who lives in Texas. Since she doesn't follow this blog (or even know about it, I think) I can post it now for the rest of you to enjoy. The collage elements come from a photo with a rocky outcropping of mountains and a map of Texas from an old atlas. Ideas for this came to me all at once and just about drew itself. I'm also grateful for a Sharpie paint marker that I recently found. It goes over everything very nicely. I've used it some on the larger piece that's in the works. The image of this one is about 5 x 8 inches.
As always, click on the image to see it larger.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Jean! This turned out great! Fabulous composition and mix of elements... the geologist will love it.

    I think I have used those paint markers... they do work great. I'll be back to look at this again in the morning, I just hope I can get some shut eye now that ZZ Top songs are running through my head! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, Jean! Before I read your journalling I saw an underwater scene with rocks so I at least recognised the geology elements in your design. I love the composition and the sparing use of colour in just the right places. Another of your amazing mental landscapes to add to my collection.

    ReplyDelete