Saturday, April 27, 2019

Drawing #77 - Tennyson in Bloom

In class this week I quickly sketched the basics of a few daffodils in a vase on another sheet of colored paper, this time a nearly neutral but textured one. Then I used pieces of an old, falling apart copy of Tennyson's The Princess in the flower places. Shiny bits of a pinkish paper are accents (and the devil to photograph) on them. Then other papers for leaves and negative space and colored pencil for more interest. It wound up far too delicate for heavy black lines to be added so my teacher said I should stop with it as is. See what you think about this very different result.



So far I've worked on three class projects that all began with drawing from plants brought for our work. I've also completed two pieces that are all my own idea but that had been left unfinished. Here's what the three from class look like together. Amazingly different but all based on real plant life.


No comments:

Post a Comment