Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Two Strong Women in our Families

As Women's History Month winds down I want to share layouts I did for strong women challenges this month. One is a grandmother of Dick's and the other is a 2nd great grandmother of mine. Please click on the images to see them larger and read the journaling they contain.
_________________________________
Designer Credits:
-background, heart: Oscraps Collab Homespun
-leaf frame: Oscraps Collab Family
-flower stamp: Hope by Merkeley Designs
-clock: Artsy Clocks No. 4 by Anna Aspnes
-paint used as photo mask: 52 Inspirations {2012} Week 5 by Sue Cummings
-grass stalk brush: ArtPlay Palette Barren Sunrise by Anna Aspnes
fonts: Tango BT, Corbel, Amapola


________________________________
Designer Credits:
-background paper, star elements, color blocks: Oscraps Collab Homespun
-photo masks: ArtPlay Vitality FotoBlendz by Anna Aspnes
-lines: SkinnyLined Overlays No. 2 by Anna Aspnes
-wordart ArtPlay Palette Encapsulate by Dido Designs
fonts: Impress BT, Blue Highway

2 comments:

  1. I read the stories of these two women with amazement and admiration. Neither had an easy life and yet both of them not only survived but kept their families together single-handed. I found myself practically cheering when I read that Catherine finally found a husband who put her first as she seems to always have put others first herself.
    Both of these women deserve to be remembered and you´ve made sure that they will be with your beautifully designed pages dedicated to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful family treasure these two LOs are...they definitely capture a strong historical aspect of the women in both families. Loved reading the accounts of their lives. Catherine's photo so reminds me of my great-grandmother on my mother's side of the family. She too was a strong women of our family. Wonderful patriotic photo for Catherine's LO. Love all the different aspects of blending used in Mariah's LO. I must admit the song mentioned is already going over and over and my head and will probably for the rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete