Thursday, September 27, 2012

New Family History Pages

This month we had a Theme Challenge for family history and a question we wish could be answered. I used a postcard I recently bought on eBay of the National Soldiers' Home in Milwaukee. It reminded me of a puzzling bit about the daughter of my 2nd great grandfather and his second wife.
_________________________________
Designer Credits:
Zen & the Art of: Steam Machines by Maya de Groot
fonts: James Fajardo, France

I also wanted to use a beautiful photo of my grandmother with the new Oscraps Collaborative kit nOvel. I only knew her as an elderly lady and she often sat with a book.
__________________________
Designer Credits:
Oscraps Collab NOvel - coming very soon to the Oscraps shop!
font: Celtic Hand

From my husband's family I decided to use a photo, possibly from the 1950's, of his Aunt Alice and UncleAl. I had a wonderful time playing with elements to create the cluster from a tutorial just posted.
______________________________
Designer Credits:
Zen & the Art of: Steam Machines by Maya de Groot
cluster tutorial by Scrappie Irene
fonts: Lithograph, Minya Nouvelle

1 comment:

  1. These are all quite stunning but I particularly like the one of your grandmother, probably because it reflects such peace and serenity. Also, as a reader myself, I agree with the sentiment expressed in the quote.

    ReplyDelete