Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The Spirit of Summer

The song keeps running through my mind as I look at this page. I created it with a summer photo shot into the sun. I took a Digi Dare challenge to use silhouettes to make something of it and wound up with the idea of the song, (Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay. I did this last month but it and the pelican page of this month look like they could be close friends. Be sure to check out the YouTube video for an original Otis Redding recording. Listen while you look and dream of summer.




____________________________________
Digi Dare #295 called for extractions of people turned into silhouettes plus brushes/textured overlays with text and a fun alpha for the title. I've used the title and final lyrics from the song by Otis Redding. It wasn't a good photo, but this technique allowed something nice to happen with it!
Credits:
by Anna Aspnes:
-paper, transfer, brush, button: ArtPlay Palette Salty Living
-map: Travel Americas No. 2
-breathe word art: Outdoors WordTransfers No. 1
fonts: baby dont worry bout it!, JFRingmaster

No comments:

Post a Comment