Saturday, May 11, 2019

Drawing #79 - From Any Point

The title "From Any Point" appears in the text of the collage papers coming from my mother's very old plane geometry book. But it has meaning for this drawing as from any point, it is a matter of perception. At a distance or made small in your browser, it is very abstract, or perhaps seals on a beach. At some point it should become clear that it is a drawing of a pair of shoes. Close in you may find in the details small creatures like dragon flies. Thus a drawing of something specific invites the viewer to interpret the image as in any other of my mental landscapes.

On the technical side, I bought some letter-sized colored papers and started with this one and the few watercolor pencils that I also got. I also used regular colored pencils and some watercolor along with the collage and inks.


No comments:

Post a Comment