Monday, May 13, 2019

Drawing #80 - To A Tea

This did not come out as my normal sort of abstract. Large circles immediately become faces and the teapot is very definite, and hence the title and the bit from my mother's old elementary reader that says "It seemed...made just to suit." Still I enjoy some of the effects such as the design made from writing across the image and embellishing the text so it isn't really readable but has a nice horizontal quality. Also the blue background areas were created with watercolor pencil which allowed a textured look. This is from a new mixed media pad that measures 14" x 11", larger than I've normally worked. Comments welcome (and remember to click on the image to get it larger.)


1 comment:

  1. Ohhh Jean I love this one!! The colours and composition are amazing!

    ReplyDelete