Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Drawing #6 - The Gathering

I think I like the term "mental landscape" for these drawings more than doodle. I used those words in a reply to Deb explaining that my drawings are done over several different times and don't reflect just one time or mood. I began #6 before our trip and completed it last night. When I looked at the finished drawing it immediately said "Gathering" to me. I later realized that was the name of the I Ching pattern I threw in a genealogy fun blog event on August 20th - and its forecast totally came true. How nice to pair my art and genealogy! Don't forget to click on the image to see it larger.

2 comments:

  1. I have to say that your "mental landscape" drawings are FANTASTIC! I am so completely impressed with the drawings you have been doing! I think you should sell them on note cards! You could create a set and box them! I would have to fight with the others to be your first customer! :) Check out this web site... http://fineartamerica.com/ The abstract artist, Lynne Taetzsch uses it to sell prints of her drawings... people can order greeting cards, or go all the way with a large format print, framed and all kinds of options.

    I love the way you have been doing the free forms and leaving so much "white space"... You are SOOOOO Talented Jean! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely with its flowing lines and ferny swirls. I fact I think it´s my favourite so far. I can´t see any Klimt in it but there´s a definite Inca feeling to parts of it. The more I look at it the more I discover so I´m going to save it to examine it at leisure.

    ReplyDelete