Sunday, September 11, 2011

Fabulous Orange Mushrooms

Last week we drove through Lake View and were surprised to see a big old oak tree ringed with bright orange mushrooms. I had to take lots of photos of them. That led to a series of scrapbook pages. The multi-photo one shows the general scene and uses a Quick Page and Template. The identity of the mushrooms and a little about them is in a color challenge page. A color or palette was not specified, but we had to "lift" a color from our photo. Last, a designer new to Oscraps has a free kit and a challenge to use it. I think it is perfect for me and my favorite photo of the lot.
_________________________
Designer Credits:
-template: Simply Quick No. 39 by Sue Cummings
-background paper (blended with photo) from Sketchbook Artistry No. 1 by Sue Cummings
fonts: harrison, Lithograph
_____________________________
Designer Credits:
-background & orange papers, stamp from Rachel by Lydia Designs
-glitter, brown paper from Blessing by Lydia Designs
-masks for papers from ArtPlay Palette No. 10 by Anna Aspnes
-orange dots from ArtPlay Palette Saffron Villa Freebie by Anna Aspnes
-doodle from Grafitti by Fei-fei's Stuff
-plant drawing from Profiles No. 2 by Fei-fei's Stuff
fonts: Angel Tears, James Fajardo, Kartika
____________________________
Designer Credits:
ArtPlay Palette Saffron Villa Freebie by Anna Aspnes
fonts: Dungeon, Erie Black, Erie

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you got some great photos and created some fantastic pages of the Jack O Lantern mushrooms! I had never seen them up until a couple years ago, I took some photos of some that I saw, I think it was during a photography challenge at Deco-Pages. I'll have to take a drive bye and see if the mushrooms are growing at the same place I saw them before. Great looking pages! I love them all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing find indeed and all pages are just gorgeous. I love mushrooms but usually only have the little white topped ones. Though somewhere in my collection I have a photo that yours reminded me of...an oak tree in our yard that had a similar mushroom but not as many as in your photo. Maybe I'll get it scrapped one of these days!

    ReplyDelete