Sunday, September 11, 2011

Family History Images

I am so behind in posting my scrapbook pages to my blog!

I have so much new material from my recent trip to Kentucky and used some of it and ideas from it for two pages. I love the one with a photo of my grandmother! It was for a web inspiration challenge. Oscraps is starting to get into Art Journaling and for a challenge I did one using the original 1906 newspaper illustration from which I created my avatar back in 2006 when it was 100 years old.

_______________________________
Designer Credits:
-ArtPlay Palette No. 10 MiniKit by Anna Aspnes
font: 1942 report
 ______________________________
Designer Credits:
-background paper from Stuck On You by Maya de Groot blended with
-blue paper, elements from Art Journaling Freebie by Maya de Groot
-clock stamp from Kala Stamps by Lydia Designs
-glitter element from The Silver Flakes by Kitty Designs
-woman from 1906 newspaper
-old family page
fonts: Hurry Up, James Fajardo, First Order Shadow, Girls Are Weird, Kings of Pacifica, Snell Bd BT

4 comments:

  1. Both of your pages are fabulous! How nice to see your Avitar's origins! The photo of your Grandma was taken in Indiana? Do you know what city in Indiana? I love your color choices for both pages, and how fun to do the art journal page! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comments! Aunt Mary lived on a farm near Versailles, Indiana. She came from Kentucky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My In-Laws were from Richmond Indiana... we are getting closer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recognized your avatar in this fun art journaling page...think I would like doing this, someday!

    The stacked and stitched photos are awesome...the whole page and photo of your grandmother is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete