Friday, June 17, 2011

Another Close Up

The same day I photographed the fly on the white blooms I recorded the tight buds on the trumpet creeper. Even at that stage the ants were there as they will be all during the bloom season. Keeping various "creative techniques" in mind I got an interest result with one of the ants. Meanwhile it is heating back up, very nice today, even sunny. We both seem to be in better shape as well.
_________________________
I've used three "creative techniques" as named in Paint Shop Pro (PSP)
1. Artistic Filter on the large picture: Black Pencil which created a B&W image
2. Blending (darken) which eliminated the white part of the photo
3. Filter: Color > reduced the green in the RGB filter
Designer Credits:
-blue-green papers from Home Sweet Home by Maya de Groot
-stitching from All Stitched by Kitty Designs
-light circle paper from Stamp My Heart by Kitty Designs
-color block from Sketchbook Artistry No. 1 by Sue Cummings
fonts: iNked God, Kayleigh

3 comments:

  1. What a terrific shot this is and I just love your creative technique on the background. I´ve got a photo of a little bug peeking around the petal of a flower. Think I feel another scraplift coming on...though it may have to wait until I get back from the coast.
    (What a constant source of inspiration you are, Jean!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I wish the ants would just visit the plants outside, and leave my house alone! I've already seen my share of these little brats this year! Great page and photo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...love the creative techniques used here...great job. Might be interesting to use these techniques with the grasshoppers that are visiting my flowers! I must agree with Helen, you are an awesome source of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete