Friday, June 3, 2011

Iris in My Sister's Garden

I took photos of iris in my sister's garden on May 25th. None of the tall-bearded varieties were in bloom yet, so they were mostly standard dwarf and intermediate bearded. They are always so beautiful. The June challenges have given my the opportunity to scrap a few of the pictures.

On the left is a scraplift of one of the members and the right is a color challenge. Don't forget to click on the images to see them in a larger size.
_______________________
Designer Credits:
[LEFT]-lift of "Enjoy the Smell" by ViVre
-background from Stamp My Heart by Kitty Designs
-tattered text sheet from Sketchbook Artistry No. 1 by Sue Cummings
-gray paper, frame from Life Collab by Merkeley Designs
-butterflies (with chrome effect) from Life Collab by MaryPop Designs
-circle stamp from Corinthia by Kitty Designs
-trail from Trail It by Merkeley Designs
-button from First Street by Miss Crow's Magickal Emporium
-pearl tree from Winter Escape, Creations by tinamarie 
fonts: Chicago House, Minya Nouvelle
[RIGHT]-gray paper, gold paper, bird, scalloped border: Primavera by Maya de Groot
-floral paper, leaves: Corinthia by Kitty Designs
-circle design paper: My Playlist by Biograffiti
-white paper: Stamp My Heart by Kitty Designs
-journaling stamp: Rachel Stamps by LydiaK Designs
fonts: Mufferaw, Pea Anderson

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your sisters Iris with us... they are so beautiful! I've seen quite a few iris in bloom on my way to pick up or drop off Matthew from school -- in other people's yards, I don't have any. Maybe I will buy some bulbs this year... don't you have to plant them in the fall? Big rumbling in the sky, so I better start shutting down the computer for the storm... but I just had to write you a quick note... beautiful pages Jean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous irises!
    I like the different style of your 2 pages, the formal elegance of the one and the more playful style of the other. That buttercup yellow iris is wonderful. I can´t imagine how one "designs" an iris.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sister's irises are gorgeous...and have certainly proved to be deserving subjects for some wonderful LOs! Agree with Helen...find the different styles of the two LO delightful. Your sister is undoubtedly an iris master gardener...even developed a very unusual iris. Love the name and your fun LO featuring this Malibu Wildfire Iris.

    ReplyDelete