Sunday, November 6, 2011

Amazed by Hazelnuts

I had no idea how a hazelnut grew, but they are part of fantastic shapes. My brother-in-law has a small tree in his garden and there were nuts still in the husks that had turned brown and looked beautiful. They were beginning to fall off the tree. This husk was stiff but brittle. Always some fascinating new thing! I've used a photo in a Member Spotlight scraplift challenge.
______________________________
Designer Credits:
lift of "Innocent Beauty" by dlhoffer
http://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/data/500/InnocentBeautyFnl.jpg
-kit: Terra Toni by Maya de Groot
-paper strip: BackPackers - set 5 by Maya de Groot
fonts: Kunstler Script, Ligurino
__________________________________
Here's a photo of a cluster (of two) that had already fallen but not been eaten by the squirrels. Such a fabulous thing!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't that just the coolest thing since sliced bread! Look at those beautiful shapes! I am going to be looking for some of that in your next drawing! Your page turned out great! Love it! Sorry so short, but I gotta get back to work. Shhh... don't tell anyone I was here! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the neatest! I don't think I've ever seen a hazelnut like that. The shapes would go really well in your zens. Great element placement in your layout!

    ReplyDelete