Saturday, December 31, 2011

Drawing #25 - Open Road

I think my new drawing is just right to wish us all a Happy New Year! It is called "Open Road" and I hope we can all find an open road to our hopes and dreams.

I continue to think of these multimedia pieces as mental landscapes. In collage journaling I tried, unsuccessfully, to incorporate written thoughts and feelings with images. In my drawings I think the images are my voice. The pen shapes in lieu of words create what I now think of as "letters to the cosmos." I create from my own mental space, but the results are open to everyone to explore their own inner landscape. Here's to your exploration of an open road.

This is a return to my 7x10 inch sketchbook and even the smaller size took time to complete. Don't forget to click on the image for a larger view.

3 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful piece Jean! Fabulous! I love it! One of these days, I am going to have to commission you to do a multimedia piece for me for my inspiration wall... I will start saving my pennies! Happy New Year my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Deb! You have been an incredible source of inspiration and encouragement. Hope 2012 brings you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Forgive me for taking so long to comment on this inspired and inspiring creation but I´ve been a little preoccupied lately.)

    This seems to me to be a very optimistic work of art as you´ve managed to instill a wonderful feeling of movement and freedom with all your soaring images. I can only imagine you must have been inspired by the flight of birds as you were creating it. A beautiful piece - and peace - to bring in the new year.

    ReplyDelete