Thursday, December 22, 2011

October Shore, the lake looked good

A challenge this month used an effect in Photoshop or PSE to outline an object. Paint Shop Pro doesn't seem to have that tool, so I used another method. I had this lovely photo of a boat basin on Lake Erie from October. It has been blended for more drama and I really like the effect and the way it goes with the lovely patterned paper. The cloudy sky reminds me of our very wet year. They don't predict much more precipitation the remainder of the year, but our average annual rainfall is around 39 inches and we passed the previous record in the fifties on October 19th. Currently we've had sixty-some inches for 2012! The ground is simply soggy.

Anyway...I'm very happy to have completed another larger size drawing, but I'm waiting for daylight to photograph it as I did with the last one. It is a bit different, but still the same idea.
_____________________________
Designer Credits:
-patterned paper, gray paper: All Hallow's Night by Leora Sanford
-elements, brushes, transfers: ArtPlay Palette Encapsulate by Anna Aspnes
fonts: Kaster, France

No comments:

Post a Comment