Monday, December 6, 2010

ATC - The Wild Wood

Deb Ammerman created a Christmas ATC (Artist's Trading Card) today. They are usually cards 2.5 by 3.5 inches created to share. You can read more about them here: [link] We did many of them at Deco-Pages and it was nice to see a new one from Deb. I want to do one for the holiday in return. Before I got to that though, I was drawn to the edge of the Wild Wood wherein dwell some of the characters in Kenneth Grahame's Wind in the Willows. My sister bought me a copy of that book long before I could read it so that she could read it to me. I have always loved it too. I hope you will enjoy a little reminiscence of it.


_________________
Designer Credits:
Edge of Wood: bird and tree by Miss vivi, rest by Jill creation
fonts: Celtic Hand, Switzerland Narrow

3 comments:

  1. I love this. It looks like an illustration for a children´s book.
    PS And how right I was to think that the minute I saw this charming page. I knew I´d seen the quote somewhere and I´ve just spotted the name of the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, LOVE the ATC Jean! And I love the memory you shared with us of your sister reading "Wind in the Willows" to you! You will have to print her out a card and give it to her to see if she remembers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card...now I must read the book that goes with such a wonderful illustration of it! Such a special memory for you and your sister.

    ReplyDelete