Friday, December 3, 2010

Long Ago at Niagara Falls

Another challenge this month was to scraplift a layout from Elisa's gallery (EHStudios). I did my version with an old family photo of my father, brother and sister at Niagara Falls.
The first time my parents took me to Niagara Falls we continued from there west across the Niagara Frontier crossing back from Canada to the U.S. near Port Huron. We went along the St. Clair River and Lake St. Clair and made a memorable stop at Greenfield Village, an historic reenactment village near Detroit, Michigan. I wonder if this earlier trip might have been in March of 1940. That would have been my parents' 10th anniversary of their eloping to Ripley, New York. Even if it wasn't quite then, it must have brought back those memories when they traveled the same route part of the way to Niagara Falls.
______________________
Designer Credits: 
-scraplift of EHStudio: Something Wonderful
-gray paper, flower, swirl: ZuzanaH Designs - Let Love Be Your Energy
-floral paper (yellow, desaturated): Lydia Designs - Happy to Be Me
-background paper: Fei-fei's Stuff - Party On Blog Train
-brown paper (gold, desaturated): Lydia Designs - Party On
-striped and dotted papers: One Little Bird - Party On
-blue paper: Fei-fei's Stuff - Cool Bliss
-snowflake cut from blue paper
fonts: Girls are Weird, Staccato222 BT

3 comments:

  1. I like the very low key pastel colours which make the photo stand out so prominently, also the way that "ladder" of journalling leads the eye up to it. Very subtle and cleverly done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love your page composition! I agree with Helen! Great colors and journal placement! I'm going to add this one to my inspiration file of pages I kept of yours from Deco-Pages! Great Job Jean!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome page and to borrow Helen's phrase "Ditto" to all comments! May have to scraplift your scraplift some day!

    ReplyDelete