Friday, December 10, 2010

A Break in the Snow and Remembering Warmer Days

Yesterday we dug out my sister's car that needed to get an e-check so she could renew its license plates. Though there was a lot of snow, it was a bright sunny day. Today is mostly gray, but above freezing! They are just waiting to hit us with more snow on Sunday and then give us very cold temperatures. I think winter started in way too fierce and early!

Meanwhile, there is a challenge this month to use either an action or texture on a photo. Since I use Paint Shop Pro, that pretty much leaves me with the choice of texture. I tried one but didn't like the result. But I did find a photo that had a very dull background (cut grass) and used a photo of leaves as the texture over it. It was so nice working with these black-eyed susans and remembering warm days. The photo is actually from October 18th when I was photographing Halloween displays, so sort of late for these summery blooms. I used one copy of texture photo with lighten blend at 52% opacity topped with another copy in overlay blend at 30% opacity. The dark centers of the flowers were erased from both texture layers. The photo sure got more interesting.
You can see the change that the texture approach made in these original photos:


Designer Credits: kit by Ashalee Wall: Fresh Start, fonts: Ahnberg, Kristen ITC

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful effect using the texture...looks like a work are art on canvas! The summer flowers are a nice break from the colorless cold weather we are having!

    ReplyDelete