Saturday, August 6, 2011

Another LO Chosen!

I can hardly believe it, but my latest layout was chosen today as one of the daily Gallery Standouts (GSO)! You can see all of today's (the first one I adore, also at Oscraps) HERE. I've missed posting a few pages I've done recently plus I've got a zen doodle for Deb. I'll get to those later.

This page is in response to the Web Inspiration challenge featuring a group of related photos. I responded to the tree-like images, stairs and light color. I have a wonderful old family photo that simply evokes rural summer life. I like what I was able to do with it. It shows my grandmother (to the left), her father-in-law, at the far right her mother and younger daughter (my Aunt Pat) and a very large woman. We really don't know who that is.
________________________
Designer Credits:
-all papers from Stamp My Heart by Kitty Designs
-flower border, orange beads, button from Happy To Be Me by Lydia Designs
-tree from Family Tree by Joanne Brisebois
-coin from Bohemian August by Miss Crow's Magickal Emporium
-swirl from Sa-weet Sa-whirls by Jodie McNally
-stitching from All Stitched by Kitty Designs
-leaf from Let Love Be Your Energy by ZuzanaH Designs
fonts: Pea Aimee, Kayleigh

1 comment:

  1. This is such a lively page I don´t know where to start! I´m most intrigued by the way you´ve made the tree in the photo continue upwards, downwards, sideways and through the photo itself and even extended the roots with the swirl. It makes a statement all by itself about the importance of family and the text it contains adds to this impression. It certainly makes an impression on me and I´m not at all surprised that it was chosen as an outstanding layout. Congratulations on another well-deserved accolade!

    ReplyDelete