Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Beautiful Autumn Day Remembered

I scrapped a very similar photo back in 2008, but couldn't resist taking more photos last October. This week's inspiration kit had such gorgeous colors that I couldn't resist it and had to pair the two. It's amazing how this looks like a country road, but is really a lane along the ravine in Lake View at the intersection of three cities.

I think autumn is coming much too soon for me. Last week I first noticed goldenrod beginning to bloom then saw leaves on the neighbor's American dogwood turning red. Last night seemed actually chilly. I complain when it seems to turn summer in May, but this may be the other side of the same thing. Well, this photo wasn't taken until October 26th last year, so there should be lots of loveliness to enjoy.
________________________
Designer Credits:
52 Inspirations (2011) Week 33 by Sue Cummings
-birds from Black and White by Sue Cummings
font: Euromode

3 comments:

  1. When we were on vacation last week, I noticed some leaves were already starting to turn. I think we will see lots of reds this year because of all the rain we had? I love the cooler weather we have been having, and you know that I love the fall colors, so seeing your page reminds me my favorite time of the year is on it's way. Beautiful photo, and I love the paper and birds you added to your layout. Fantastic page Jean!. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has a lovely dreamlike quality and beautiful autumnal colours. The stark outlines of the trees make wonderful patterns too. The departing birds seem to be a metaphor for the departure of summer though and that makes me feel sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful autumn LO though I'm not really ready for autumn. The drought has given us an autumn like summer. With recent rains, we a just now seeing some greens of spring and summer around here.

    Lovely blending...like the dotted swirling action in the background paper!

    ReplyDelete