Sunday, August 21, 2011

My Mother and Aunt at the river

I used an old photo of two little girls in the water of the Ohio River. It was taken almost 100 years ago of my mother and her little sister. The family spent a lot of time along the river swimming, boating and picnicking. It all changed in later years when dams left the river much deeper. The black and white photo challenge seemed like a good idea along with using my latest drawing in the background. The color (or rather lack of it) is a bit different for my heritage photos. This photo is aged, not in the best shape and warm toned. I changed its color with an old platinum photo effect in PSP.
______________________________
Designer Credits:
-papers, birds, bow, word art from Black & White by Sue Cummings
fonts English111 Presto BT, Euromode

4 comments:

  1. What a sweat photo of your Mom and Aunt. I have a photo of Gloria (Jeff's Mom) with her brothers by a lake too (when they were all little). I am loving the way you are including your doodles in your layouts! They are so relaxing to do! The elements and papers you used with your doodle really worked out well, and applying the photo effect worked out great! Love your page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh... I meant sweet, not sweat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the swirling aquatic doodle works well behind the photo. It looks a little like turbulent water and helps to break up the straight lines. The birds flying out of the page are a nice touch too as a metaphor for passing time. Altogether a lovely page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome photo colored perfectly for this LO. Love the journaling placement here and the doodle in the background!

    ReplyDelete